Saturday, January 25, 2014

October

 October- it has got to be my favorite time of the year. I love fall, pumpkins, the smells, colors, the cooler air, and everything else.
Every since we moved away from Iowa I have missed Iowa Octobers. They were seriously magical, like something out of book or movie. 
But our Colorado October was pretty alright. 
And it started out good too.
My little (tall) sister-in-law came to visit us that first week in October.  She is so awesome to come and visit because she is a photographer and the Fall is a photographers most busy time! So it meant a lot that she took time off from her business to come out to Colorado. 
I am sad I didn't take more pictures, something I have been terrible at lately.  But we had a good week full of crafts, laughter, talking, food, pictures, hobby lobby, frozen yogurt, and shopping. It was so nice having Michelle here and I sure missed her when she left!


 
 

 I was able to take the kids to a pumpkin patch a couple times.
 
 

I really like Colorado because it reminds me of a mixture of Iowa and Idaho.  There are a ton of corn fields but then there are mountains in the background. 



 

 

 Carving and painting pumpkins!








Tyson's favorite spot. Maybe it's because I am in the kitchen a lot, but he loves to line up all his cars on the open dishwasher.
 

 Mason's preschool group at our house.  
I am in a group with some other Moms and we take turns teaching preschool.  It can be pretty crazy sometimes but it is nice on the weeks I don't have to teach! And Mason is loving it.

 Preschool field trip to the fire station.


One day Troy reminded me of the kids coming home from school.  He was able to do this ankle surgery and put the skrews in all by himself.  He took x-rays of it and then came home and hung it up on the fridge right alongside all of the kid's art work. 
 Troy is loving what he is doing, especially since he has been able to do more and more surgeries by himself.  He has had some good experience as he has rotated in different areas like the Emergency Room, Family Medicine, and other things, but he is always happy to get back to the podiatry and do surgery! 




No comments: