Friday, February 21, 2014

December


I keep getting behind on blogging and am now just posting about December! 
Here are a few things that we did.

I once told my mother-in-law that I wanted to make a wreath out of pine cones.
 She started to collect them on her walks and gave them to me last year and this December I finally got around to making the wreath! 
I love the way it turned out. Perfect for our front door in December.


The kids made ornaments with the leftover pine cones. 

Growing up we always had a family home evening in December where we decorated gingerbread houses. It has been fun to carry on that tradition and the kids love it. 





Family sleepover by the Christmas tree!



 We celebrated our 8th year anniversary on December 22nd. 
Can't believe that it has been 8 years and I also can't believe I was lucky enough to marry this guy.
From the first moment I saw him on the BYU Idaho campus at an activity I knew I wanted nothing else but to get to know him better which led to me walking home with him in the freezing cold only to say goodbye and then run back up to campus to get my car because I told him I had walked. 
And I have pretty much followed him wherever he has gone since. 

A couple days after we met we went ice skating so that is what we did for our anniversary.

We stayed in Colorado for Christmas and we had such a great time together as a family.  Christmas Eve was especially awesome and one that I won't ever forget.  
 

 

 


 


The treat we left for Santa



Colorado has given us the warmest winter we have ever experienced from any other place we have lived. Yes we have had some cold days, like - 20.  But we have had a lot of days in the 50s and 60s.  We have spent most of those days at the park and like this:


Just soakin up the sunshine.  This was the day after Christmas and I think the kids seriously thought it was summer now that Christmas was over. 












We were able to go home for a few days at the end December.  
We stopped in Rock Springs on the way and ate at Cafe Rio. The girls have missed it as much as I have. 
They ate their food super fast and then moved on to my salad. 
We have a Cafe Rio in Denver and Fort Collins but just have not made it to either one, so we were so excited for it. 

   

We also became an Aunt and Uncle for the 17th time!
Troy's brother Trent and his wife Lindsey had their second little boy named Carter on December 27th.  He is such a sweet, cute baby and we loved holding him and we sure miss him.  We were so grateful to have met him at just a couple days old!

No comments: